Sunday, May 26, 2013

Prom Dress photos

We lucked out on the weather today.  It was sort of raining all week and today was iffy.  Well the weather turned out perfect for our Prom Dress photos.  I had a professional photographer come to take photos of my daughter and her friends.  I went along to watch, learn and to take some of my own photos.  I wanted some behind the scene shots and to be able to practice my own skills as I am constantly trying to better my photography skills and stay away from the auto setting.

I am so happy that I went along.  I know the photographer got some unreal shots and I can't wait to see them.  However, I am very happy at what I captured from the day as well.

I love detail shots


Those teens are never to far from their phones


Fun shots

The girls looked liked little girls tromping through the field lifting up their dresses... love the boots on on girl!


And of course some casual portraits that I captured as well.  What I am most happy about I did very little photoshopping and on most of them NONE!  Which of course means that I am starting to grasp this photography thing.  Now, that being said, I am sure once I see the professional ones, I will see where I need to improve, but for now, I love what I captured today.





Just a side note, it is a total coincidence that the girls have 'matching' dresses but it sure worked well today!